Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Collection of Ink Stamps on Notes - Paper Money

As I was going through a few stacks of cash that I recently withdrew, I noticed a few of them had cool looking ink stamps. This is nothing new. In fact, I have seen some really neat looking stamps throughout the years, but it occurred to me that I have this fancy new blog. Why not start a picture collection of all of these stamps. There is no way I would ever be able to keep all of the notes, I'm not rich. But pictures are free! Most of you that know me, know that I am a collector of error and variety coins, but I also collect many other numismatic and related items. I do collect paper money, but I don't go out of my way to buy it. I usually keep what I find in circulation, or I may buy some things from time to time if I come across them at a reasonable price. At any rate, here are a few of the stamps I found tonight. As I find more, I will add pictures. Also, I would love to see what you all come across in your searches as well. If you send me pictures, I can add them. I will credit you for the find. One more thing, if anyone knows the history or reasoning behind any of these stamps, feel free to email me. If you send me anything that you would like to be credited for, please include your full name. I can be reached through email at: rhodesc1@yahoo.com.   Thanks you!










































































In this case we have a stamp and then a picture of what the actual stamper looks like.




















No comments:

Post a Comment